What you’ll do as a Graduate Quantitative Trader at Akuna
Their Quantitative Team consists of a blend of mathematicians, statisticians, and technologists who devise solutions to problems. They scientifically construct trading models and strategies by combining their quantitative proficiency with an understanding of derivatives and financial markets. They are seeking Juniors to join the team to apply their quantitative skills to intriguing problems. You don’t need a background in finance or trading, they instead look for maths and coding skills.
Akuna’s Quantitative Traders are innovative thinkers who can seize trading opportunities, transform ideas into solutions, and direct sophisticated strategies with mathematical and programming skills. Their Quant traders work alongside their options and market-making traders, as well as undertake quantitative projects.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply now! They are looking for people who have inventive ideas, think analytically, possess an entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to make an immediate impact in their expanding company and contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio.
As a junior, you will be paired with a mentor to collaborate on your first project, and they provide extensive training opportunities to learn about market making, their systems, and financial theories such as Options Greeks and Black Scholes methods.
What you’ll do
- Acquire a profound theoretical understanding of derivatives theory, market structure, and portfolio construction
- Manage live strategies in production and enhance profitability by transforming ideas into quantitative models
- Work with a team of quants and developers on their data and research stack to implement and test original systematic strategies
What you’ll bring
- Australian or NZ citizen or Australian Permanent residences only
- VISA: you need full working rights that lead to PR, such as the Graduate Work Visa 485. Akuna does not offer sponsorship for this position
- University Degree graduating within the last 3 years
- Bachelor, Honours, Masters or PhDs in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related degrees
- Distinction Average & proven strong academics Awards, prizes, medals, competitions, & scholarships
- Experience in research within an academic or professional environment
- Achievements outside of studies through your hobbies & interests
- An understanding of advanced Mathematics: Calculus, Stochastic Processes, Linear Algebra, Statistics and Optimization
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, numerical linear algebra, machine learning or convex optimization
- Intermediate programming skills in Python (C++ is a plus)
- Ability to process complex information quickly and accurately under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Financial experience or studies are NOT a requirement
What you’ll get
- Structured learning program built upon their flagship Options 101 Course by their dedicated Trader Training Manager
- An attractive base salary, generous bonus structure & relocation package if you’re not from Sydney.
- Professional development, global mobility opportunities & tuition reimbursements to make sure you keep learning.
- Buddy program to help you transition into Akuna, your role and team, as well as build connections and support network
- Catch up with your colleagues over coffee made by their in-house barista & grab a bite to eat in their fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly social events, team competitions & Akuna clubs
- 180-degree views of Darling Harbour in their collaborative, open plan office space in Barangaroo
- Paid volunteer leave to give back to communities and/ causes that are important to you