Junior Backend Engineer
- Full Time
Role: Junior Backend Engineer
Attractive salary and Stock Option scheme
Are you a problem solver and do you have a strong passion for the digital assets industry? Then keep reading!
At D2X we are looking for a Junior Backend Engineer to join our office in Amsterdam.
What we do:
At D2X we strive to become the first regulated derivatives exchange for the digital asset industry in Europe. Our mission is to bridge the gap between Tech and Finance and to facilitate institutional adoption of digital assets through derivatives. We recently raised our seed funding round, and we are looking for exceptional talents with an entrepreneurial drive and an interest in the digital asset space to join our fast-growing team.
Working for D2X means being independent, creative, and adaptive. Our culture of innovation and accountability creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career.
Technology at D2X
Digital assets trade round-the-clock, 365 days a year. Therefore, we are constantly seeking the most advanced technology to offer a fast and reliable trading interface. Rust allows us to achieve that in a productive way. Developing, testing and optimizing our codebase is the bread and butter of our Engineers.
As a Junior Backend Engineer, you will work closely together in multidisciplinary teams to develop a deep understanding of trading, exchanges and how the hardware works on which our machines are running. You’re not attached to tools and technologies; you focus on solving problems. Your challenge is to further innovate and maintain the foundation underlying our wider infrastructure.
Who we are looking for:
- You have previous experience writing code using system programming languages.
- You deliver. You enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that always works.
- You find big challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- Previous experience in the financial industry. Knowledge of the Financial InterExchange protocol (SBE & FAST) is highly advantageous.
- A solid grasp of Computer Science fundamentals like operating systems, data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to express your ideas and thoughts to your team members clearly in English.
- Write high-quality code that is robust and easy to maintain.
- Preferably a university degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Available to work 40 hours/week.
- Interest in the financial industry and enthusiastic about digital assets.
- Work together across the business to ensure you understand the context of the problem domain.
- Manage and optimize deployment pipelines to reduce risk and provide production support where required.
- Find the simplest, cleanest solutions and continually optimize them.
- Balance the race to production with software quality, extensibility and testability.
- Foster an environment where people are continuously learning and teaching at the same time so that the tech team can thrive and successfully fulfill their tasks.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation.
- Energetic, collaborative, and fun work culture.
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives.
- Gaining experience in financial markets and digital assets using the most-loved programming language.
- Premium office space with rich amenities in Amsterdam.
Does this speak to you?
Are you up for the challenge and do you want to join our team as our new Junior Backend Engineer? We would love to get to know you! Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject “Junior Backend Engineer [Your Name]” and a few bullet points about your motivation.
Disclaimer: Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor non-EU citizens at this stage.