Junior DevOps Engineer
- Full Time
Role: Junior DevOps Engineer
Start Day: May
D2X is looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to join its office in Amsterdam!
What we do
D2X will be the first pan-European derivatives exchange for digital assets. Thanks to our regulatory-first approach, reliable trading interface and robust risk management, D2X will bridge the gap between Tech and Finance to facilitate the adoption of digital assets for institutions. D2X is focused on providing the safest infrastructure to accelerate the development of the asset class. Our ambition is to become the leading market infrastructure for digital assets, first in Europe and then across more geographies and asset classes.
Working for D2X means being independent, creative, and adaptive. Our culture of innovation and accountability creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career.
Technology at D2X
Digital assets trade round-the-clock, 365 days a year. Therefore, we are constantly seeking the most advanced technology to offer a fast and reliable trading interface. Rust allows us to achieve that in a productive way. Developing, testing and optimizing our codebase is the bread and butter of our Engineers.
What you’ll do
You will join a highly-customized environment where proprietary tools and technology run. You will be expected to help build the pioneering tools to keep our systems cutting edge. You will help enable our technology evolution while maintaining control.
- Design, optimize, and support AWS EC2, VPC and S3 infrastructure, along with our IAM and AWS organizational configuration;
- Troubleshoot OS (Linux/Unix), storage, and network issues;
- Evaluate and compare both hardware, software, and cloud solutions as potential options;
- Manage capacity planning for cloud infrastructure;
- Develop and deploy Python and/or PowerShell automation for job scheduling, monitoring, and configuration management.
Your Skills Set
- Experienced in managing day-to-day operations of software infrastructure;
- Have an affinity with multiple Cloud platforms, systems and environments;
- Have instinctive design, research and problem solving skills;
- Comfortable with networking fundamentals and protocols.
- Experience in various configuration management tooling.
- Experience with deploying, running and monitoring applications (Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes a plus)
- Excellent command of Python/Go/Bash scripting.
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Prior trading or financial experience preferred but not required – our onboarding program will kick-start your career at D2X and support you in gaining all the relevant knowledge about our business.
- Eligible to work in the Netherlands
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Energetic, collaborative, and fun work culture
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives
- Learning experience in financial markets and digital assets
- Stock option plan for full-time employees
- Bike compensated by the company, up to EUR 749
- Gym membership, up to EUR 35
- A maximum of 27 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
Are you up for the challenge and do you want to join our team as our new Junior DevOps Engineer? We would love to get to know you!
*For this role you can apply also for an internship.
**Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor non-EU citizens at this stage.