Are you a recent graduate with high ambition, ready to take initiative as a part of an environmental finance scale-up? Are you ready to develop cutting-edge trading strategies using your excellent quantitative skills? Would you like to get the chance to implement and automatize financial solutions into the tradable environmental markets? Then this role might be perfect for you!
OTC Flow is a leading trading company specialized in trading across European and local renewable power markets. We provide liquidity in virtually all financial-environmental instruments in Europe, China and the US. We are currently expanding our business with on-exchange trading on the European carbon, power & gas market and we are looking for the highly-skilled and motivated quantitative trader to join our ambitious and dynamic team.
About the role
We are seeking the most talented candidates with a strong quantitative educational background to join our trading team. As a Quantitative Trader, you will be responsible for developing and implementing sophisticated trading strategies in the carbon, power, and gas markets to optimize risk-adjusted returns.
- Quantitative Analysis: Conduct in-depth quantitative analysis of the carbon, power, and gas markets using advanced mathematical and econometric models. Identify trading opportunities, market trends, and price patterns to develop profitable strategies;
- Risk Management: Evaluate and manage trading risks to ensure the overall stability and profitability of the trading portfolio. Employ risk management techniques to mitigate market exposure and maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Market Research: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the carbon, power, and gas markets, as well as relevant economic and geopolitical factors that influence market dynamics;
- Optimization & automation: build and maintain trading models using programming languages like Python;
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including traders, data scientists, and analysts, to contribute to the overall trading strategy and decision-making process.
- You hold a quantitative Master’s degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics, or other related with outstanding grades;
- Relevant experience in on-exchange trading of power, gas, or carbon is a must (at least an internship);
- Experience gained in financial markets (either study or work);
- Advanced knowledge of Python and SQL;
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in an accurate and structured way;
- Fluent in English;
- You like to set up things from scratch.
What we offer
- A fast-growing, international working environment where every day can be an opportunity to learn;
- A competitive remuneration package with discretionary bonus options;
- Direct exposure to Management, with a chance to help drive the strategic roadmap of a fast-growing company in the environmental space;
- After the first 6 months, we intend to offer you an indefinite position, including an attractive remuneration package including bonus scheme;
- Free lunch & snacks;
- Travel expenses covered (OV/Swap-bicycle plan etc.);
- 25 vacation days;
- Social events & activities with a fun team, including company trips (London/Ibiza).
If we have just described your profile, do not miss out on this opportunity.
The recruitment process is as follows:
- Submit your application with your CV and university grade list;
- We will get to know you better through a pre-screening interview;
- We will invite you for an interview with the hiring manager.
Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
We believe that an inclusive work environment will encourage growth as a company, as a team and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants because we want to promote an inclusive work culture that is accessible to all.