As an intern on SIG’s ETF Desk, you will be partnered with our senior analysts to assist in providing insights on market trends and flows. You will learn to synthesize information flowing in from market participants and help traders understand the factors driving large rotations in the ETF marketplace. You will work with analysts in both US and abroad, and will gain experience in the financial markets by learning how to provide information to shape trading decisions.
Our ten week summer internship program introduces you to our unique approach to research analysis through a combination of work on the ETF desk and classroom study in options theory basics. The ten week summer program serves as our primary source for hiring full-time ETF Analysts.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development, especially for recent graduates. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about ETFs, options, and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides unique exposure to a quickly-growing ETF ecosystem as well as opportunities to impact the decision-making process in a fast-paced trading environment.
What SIG is looking for
- Intention to graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within one year of the internship program
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Object-oriented coding skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated interest in the financial markets
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Visa sponsorship for work authorization is not available for this position now or in the future