The amount of questions depicted above represent a wide variety of problems. Each problem has a unique approach, so the problems are not simple replications of the same concept containing different numbers.
- Traders are quick if it comes down to mental arithmetic. The first round of the interviews usually contains a mental arithmetic test.
- Without preparation, sequences might overwhelm you. Exercise is key. After a while you will start recognising all kind of sequences.
- Brainteasers are an important part of the trading interviews. Your approach and behaviour during solving might become more important than the actual answer itself.
- Trading interviews contain probability questions. Therefore, it is good to have a solid understanding of the basic (and in some cases advanced) concepts.
- This course will first take you through the theoretical description of the different kind of financial instruments, before it continues on the mathematics of option theory.
- The interviewer can test the applicant’s intuition, stress-resistance, sharpness, short-term memory and the applicant’s ability to draw conclusion from information.
- If you are interested in a career in asset management, you need to understand the mechanics of asset pricing. Asset pricing is one of the main pillars of financial economics and this course will go through all the fundamental topics.
- This branche of mathematics proves to be a very powerful tool for structuring and processing a large amount of data. Therefore, it is also important that a quant has a good understanding of linear algebra.
Kind Words From Happy Candidates
After my master in Econometrics, I started orientating among High Frequency Trading (HFT). I gained some information from people who are already working in this field, whereafter I started orientating on the internet. I was hoping to find a platform that offered all the required information and preparation material. This is when I found out about Trading Interview. This website really helped me a lot. From practicing arithmetics to probability theory, and from Option Theory to, hold on, a real market making simulator. Especially this part I found very helpful as it is an essential part of your future interviews. Overall, I was positively surprised by the amount of information and preparation material, and it eventually helped me a lot in preparing for my interviews and finding the perfect junior position.