TransMarket Group (TMG), founded in 1980 as Aardvark Financial, is a proprietary trading firm with a global presence, including offices in Chicago, Puerto Rico, and Switzerland. With the aid of cutting-edge technology, they leverage global opportunities and manage risk in financial markets. TMG aims to impact positively through their services and the thoughtful stewardship of their generated wealth.
Despite being a reputable player in the global financial system for over 40 years, TMG mirrors a startup’s potential, indicating their capacity to grow significantly more than their current output. They cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit and cohesively develop their business through dedication, continuous learning, and ceaseless enhancement of their expertise.
The position on offer is that of an Algorithmic Trader Intern, a role that provides an opportunity to learn and experience relative value arbitrage trading in combination with innovative software. Interns will collaborate closely with Junior and Senior Traders, gaining comprehensive insights into automated trading. The role encompasses data research and analysis, building mathematical models, and time series analysis. Ideal candidates should be curious, analytically inclined, and eager to learn and apply programming skills in a dynamic environment (Python, C++).
- Assisting and learning from Junior and Senior Algorithmic Traders
- Developing expertise in market microstructure, tick data, and automated trading systems
- Developing and maintaining quantitative trading models and analytics
- Learn and master programming languages
- Develop and maintain high-quality automated trading strategies
- Participate in dynamic research projects and the structured internship educational program.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate in a technical field or have relevant industry experience
- Proficiency and experience in object-oriented programming languages, with the willingness and capability to quickly learn C++ and Python
- Strong understanding of computing, math, probability, statistics, and finance
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The role is based at the TMG office in Chicago, IL